Meet Fashion Designer Bri Seely
A Namas-Day In The Life Of Fashion Designer Bri Seely
Meet Fashion Designer Bri Seely, www.briseeley.com
1) What’s a typical day in your life like?
My alarm sounds at 6:30, followed either by a light yoga routine or meditating in bed, shower, breakfast, and commute into downtown Los Angeles. I arrive at the design studio around 9am to a variety of tasks – emails, social media, sample making, pattern making, fittings, stylist pulls, photoshoots, etc. Then I typically leave the studio around 6:00pm and head home to cook dinner and decompress.
2) You’ve previously shared with us that you are gluten free, why did you go gluten free?
I had been having issues for years with my digestion and histamine levels. After consulting with doctor after doctor (all of which were unable to diagnose me and just prescribed medications), I saw an acupuncturist who asked me five questions, looked at my tongue, and told me I had a food allergy. From there it was just narrowing down which food and it turned out to be gluten. I’ve been gluten free for over seven years.
3. Can you share your favorite gluten free meal with us?
Quoina stuffed peppers or Portobello mushrooms
- Sautee a mis of vegetables with olive oil and seasonings – zucchini, onion, garlic, pepper, mushroom, etc.
- Prepare the quoina as outlined on the packaging.
- Cut the peppers in half and lay flat in a baking pan, or if using mushrooms remove the stem and place in the baking pan.
- Mix the quoina with the vegetables and spoon into the peppers or mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 15 minutes.
4. What’s your favorite flavor of Om Cocktails?
Wild Cranberry with Blood Orange!
5. Best place in LA to get inspiration?
I spend a lot of my time on rooftops! I was lucky to find an apartment and a design studio with phenomenal rooftops and views. They’re great places for me to find peace, clear my head, and tap into my vision. I love doing yoga while overlooking the entire city J
6. Who’s your style idol?
Coco Chanel! I use her classy and fabulous quote as my mantra, then add in my feminine flair.
7. Favorite quote.
“Live by what you trust, not by what you fear.”
Follow Bri on
- Twitter @briseely
Follow Om Cocktails on:
- Instagram.com /omcocktails,
- Twitter @omcocktails