St. Patty’s Day Recovery: Virgin Mint-Lemonade
We assume by Sunday morning you’ll have had enough green beer and sworn off it for another year. Recover with this mint and lemon tonic, and remember to use organic ingredients whenever possible!
- 6 ounces of lemon juice
- sugar syrup: 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water
- 2 bunches of mint (can reduce to one bunch only)
- ice cubes, as needed
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- powdered sugar as needed
- First make the syrup by placing granulated sugar and water in a pan and heating the mixture till it dissolves.
- Juice enough lemons to get about 6 ounces.
- Wash one or two bunches of mint and cut off the leaves from the stalks.
- Place syrup, lemon juice, ice cubes (several, I used about 8), mint in a blender
- Run the machine until the mixture is smooth and looks like a frozen slush; taste for sweetness adding one tablespoon or more of powdered sugar if needed. Serve!